Anshun Introduction
2013-08-18 15:56   审核人:

Anshun (simplified Chinese: 安顺; traditional Chinese: 安順; pinyin: Ānshùn) is a prefecture-level city of Guizhou province, near the location of Huangguoshu Waterfall, the tallest in China. Within the borders of its prefecture one also finds attractions such as Long Gong Dragon Caves and the Getu River. As of 2010, it had a population of 2,297,339.[1] The city proper had a population of 765,313. The city also hosts aerospace industry.

 

History
Anshun has a long history dating back to the Western Han dynasty around 200 B.C.. There are two special kinds of culture which existed in Chinese history: Tempu; and Yelang.
The Tianlong Tunbao town is close to Anshun city. Tunbao is a town with a long history which includes eight small areas. Each one is connected with each other since it was a main war place from the period of Ming Dynasty. The culture of Tunbao is unique and traditional. First, the traditional clothes are special which are designed respectively from head to foot. Second, ‘Nuo’ is a kind of drama which is originated in Tunbao. The performers wear masks and hold the stage property for performing. The plots of drama are all from the legends of history. Third, local stone architectures are representative for long history of Tunbao.
Close to Anshun there is a large lake called Yelang. It is named after the famous Yeland Emperor. Yelang Emperor was the largest minority tribe in southeast of China in Western Han Dynasty. It existed for about 300 years since the Warring States. During accession of Emperor Cheng of Han, the last king of Yelang Emperor was killed. Yelang Emperor died out from then on, but the off-springs of Yelang Emperor are still alive now. According to historical records, Yelang Emperor was located along Zangke River, which is now called Beipan River and Nanpan River. Bamboo Worship, Cow Totem, bullfight and dogfight are the typical national culture signals of Yelang Emperor.

 

Ethnic groups
Among the residence population, there were 1,466,833 people of Han ethnicity (63.85%), with members of various other ethnic groups taking up the other 36.15%.

 

Famous sites
Tourist attractions and landmarks in the Anshun prefecture area include:
Huangguoshu Waterfall ("Yellow Fruit Tree Waterfall") : A waterfall that can be viewed from all angles, even from inside the waterfall. It is the biggest waterfall in Asia.
Getu River : the river is situated in a mountainous karst area. Along the river one can find Miao villages and karst caves. It is possible to walk 2000 steps up to the Chuangshang cave where one can get a view of the whole area.
Longgong Cave (龙宫洞; "Dragon Palace") : The cave is situated above sea level and one has to walk 200 meters upwards to reach it. From there one can sail into the cave and experience the stalagmites and stalactites of the karst formation. There is also a waterfall by the foot of the cave.
Tianlong Tunbao (屯堡) Ming Dynasty Town  : The town is situated some 25 kilometres (16 mi) from downtown Anshun. The name Tunbao refers to the places where the troops were stationed to guard the frontiers after putting down the riots during their southern expedition to Guizhou in the Hongwu reign (1368–1398) of the Ming Dynasty. The citizens have stuck to their traditional customs since then. The locals still wear clothes from the Ming Dynasty and the houses are also from that era.
Anshun Wenmiao : This Ming Dynasty Confucian temple, situated within Anshun city, is erected to honor the famous philosopher Confucius and his disciples.
Zhongdong (中洞; Middle Cave): Twenty families live inside this isolated village, set in a humongous limestone cavern 1,800 metres (5,900 ft) up a mountain. It's thought to be the only year-round settlement inside a naturally-occurring cave in China.
Tiantai Mountain  : The mountain lies in Tunbao tourist site. It has a history of approximately 421 years. It is the only one ancient architectural complex in Guizhou Province which is the imitation of Song-Dynasty-style. The architectural complex is called The Epic of Stone Architectural. Ming general Wu Sangui once resided here.
Huajiang Canyon : The only canyon which is famous as the “earth surface crack” canyon. Cliffside inscriptions are in the canyon.

 

from Wikipedia:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anshun

 

Close Window
 

 

 

Address: 25 Xue Yuan(College) Road, Anshun Economic Development Zone, Guizhou PR China. Tel: 0851-33413582 Postcode: 561000
Copyright© 2012. All Rights Reserved. The Anshun University